NUTRITION AS MEDICINEUnderstanding Nutrition
Your UNDERSTANDING Is Our Priority
For a moment, let’s talk Nutrition…
Nutritional Medicine is based on the principle that nutrients, including essential micronutrients, are required for the proper functioning of all the biochemical processes on which our bodies depend. Therefore, when treating your symptoms or disease, we look for the underlying causes which, although often partly genetic, are usually very much tied up with nutritional and environmental factors.
Nutrition can be simply defined as the relationship of food to the well-being of the human body. It encompasses the study of environmental effects on the quality of foods, and the impact of nutritional factors on health and disease. Nutritional medicine uses food, and individual nutrients in doses only achievable in supplement form, for medicinal and therapeutic effects.
Nutrients are involved in the creation of every molecule in your body and the maintenance of every system. Your body requires more than 45 nutrients to maintain health. Many vitamins and minerals act as co-enzymes in promoting essential chemical reactions. They help regulate metabolism, assist in the formation and maintenance of bones and tissues, hormones, nervous system chemicals, and genetic material. Subtle nutrient deficiencies can occur before the onset of frank, classical deficiency, and such marginal deficiencies may ultimately contribute to the development of degenerative diseases.
Our Nutritional Medicine aims to optimise nutrition according to individual biochemical, environmental and health states. It can be very impactful.
Which Conditions Can Nutritional Medicine Help?
Many conditions may benefit from nutrition, including some of today’s more common presentations such as:
- Digestive – flatulence, burping, bloating, IBS, constipation, diarrhoea
- Skin – eczema, rosacea acne and psoriasis
- Immunity – frequent colds, coughs and allergiesStress management – nervous system disorders such as insomnia, low mood, anxiety, nervous tension
- Energy – erratic energy or fatigue
- Hormone imbalance – insulin resistance, adrenal stress, thyroid imbalance
- Reproductive – PMS, PCOS, endometriosis, fertility, menopause, lowered libido
- Neurological – Dementia, Alzheimer’s disease
- Allergies – H ayfever, sinusitis, rhinitis
- Chronic conditions – Arthritis, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune disease…
- Weight Management
I use my vast knowledge of food and nutrients to devise the most appropriate course of action. I do not advocate one type of diet, for example low GI, gluten free, paleo, pegan, WAPF, GAPS, vegan, raw, macrobiotic, and I do not promote any food or supplement related fads or fashion. I have an impressive knowledge of many foods, diets, food protocols, and nutritional supplements, and use this knowledge in devising a diet and nutrient plan suitable just for you.
You will be treated as a unique individual. It is never the case that one type of diet works for all.
‘Fantastic results after seeing Adele and following her nutritional plan – feeling much better and overall health greatly improved. Thank you so much Adele!’